Reiterating its commitment to treating people well, Aster CMI ensures that patients and families have hassle-free hospital experience. Customer care is provided at every touchpoint, right from the admission to discharge.
ER coordinator/OP coordinator ensures that patient has a unique identification number (UHID). The ER Assistant/ OPD Assistant escorts the patient/companions to the Admission desk.
The admission desk guides the patient to the Financial Counsellor who ensures the following steps are carried out:
- Explain and share details regarding the procedure/room tariff for various categories available and give an estimate for the cost of the procedure.
- Patients with insurance cover: Minimal advance is received and Pre-authorisation is sent to the insurance company.
- After admission formalities are done the Support services staff escorts the patient to the allotted bed where the patient is received by the Guest Relation team/ Nursing team.
- Patient Relation team is responsible for coordinating with various departments like F&B, housekeeping, diagnostics to ensure safe and comfortable stay for the patient as well as the companion.
The discharge process starts after the consultant advises discharge and takes between 2 -6 hours depending on whether it is a cash or insurance billing.
- When the patient is ready for discharge, the discharge process is taken care by the Nurse/ Guest Relation team. All the concerned departments are intimated, the discharge summary is prepared, and the unused medicines are returned. The discharge medicines are procured from the pharmacy clearances from all the other departments are received.
- Discharge medications are explained, items like thermometer/hand sanitizer etc. are handed over to the patients/companions.
- The final bill is handed over to the patient/companion, and the bill is cleared either on the individual floor or in the Billing counters via cash/credit card.
- In case of insurance, an immediate intimation to the concerned TPA is sent with the final bill for final clearance and coordinated by the Patient Relation team.