Dr. Sweta Mohanty is a Consultant Paediatric Cardiologist at Aster CMI Hospital. She is an expert in Congenital heart disease, Paediatric Acquired heart disease like Kawasaki disease, arrhythmia, valvular disease, Fetal cardiology and Cardiac catheterisation and intervention. She studied MBBS and MD Paediatrics at Seth G S Medical College and K E M Hospital, Mumbai. She subsequently did her residency in Paediatrics at Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia and is certified by the American Board of Paediatrics. She specialized in Paediatric Cardiology (FNB) from Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Cochin.
Her prior experience in Paediatric Cardiology was at Fortis Hospital, Mumbai. She has also rotated at leading paediatric cardiac centers in USA, including Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and Boston’s Children’s Hospital.
Area of expertise
- Congenital heart disease, Pediatric Acquired heart disease like Kawasaki disease, arrhythmia, valvular disease, Fetal cardiology, Cardiac catheterisation and intervention
Awards and Recognitions
- Poster presentations at National and International conferences and the Best Poster Award at 2009 Biennial Meeting of ISPAE.
- Organized Continued Medical Education (CME) and workshops in Paediatric cardiology, and multiple patient support group meetings
- Best PBLI (research) project Award, during Pediatrics residency at Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia, for 2 consecutive years
- Resident Teacher of the Year, Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia
- Distinctions in Anatomy, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, Ophthalmology in MBBS Examinations
- Best Outgoing Student and Head Girl, Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai
- Pediatric Cardiac Society of India
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Indian Medical Association
- Indian Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Endocrinology
- Publications in national and international high impact scientific journals
- Prior involvement in gene therapy research (micro-RNA1 gene therapy for hypertrophic cardiomyopathy) at Temple University, Philadelphia.