Dr. Stalin Ramprakash is an experienced and dynamic consultant who provides high quality comprehensive care for children with cancer and blood-related problems. He completed his paediatric training in Madras Medical college and pursued further training in the United Kingdom. He completed paediatric training in various London Hospitals and underwent paediatric haematology oncology training in world renowned institutions such as Royal Marsden Hospital, London and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He worked as consultant paediatrician with interest in Paediatric Haematology and Oncology for 5 years before returning back to India. His aim is to provide safe, evidence based high quality care at affordable costs in India.
Dr. Ramprakash did his MBBS in 1996 from Madurai Medical college, Madurai, India, MD Paediatrics – 2000 - Institute of Child Health and Hospital for children Madras Medical College, Chennai, India, MRCPCH – 2002, Royal college of Paediatrics and Child Health, UK, CCT (Paediatrics) – 2009 Postgraduate Medical Education and Training Board, UK and FRCPCH - 2011 Royal college of Paediatrics and Child Health, UK.
Over 40 papers in national and international journals and research papers
1. Information Technology-Assisted Treatment Planning and Performance Assessment for Severe Thalassemia Care in a resource-limited setting Rajat Kumar Agarwal, Amit Sedai, Kumari Ankita, Lalith Parmar, Rakesh Dhanya, Sunil Dhimal, Dr Reshma Shriniwas, Ashwini Gowda, Dr Pooja Gujjal, Puspa H, Dr. Suman Jain, Dr. Dasaratha Ramaiah, Dr Sujata Jali, Neelavva Rayappa Tallur, Dr Stalin Ramprakash, Dr Lawrence Faulkner JMIR Med Inform 2019;7(1):e9291 doi:10.2196/medinform.9291
2. Low-cost matched sibling bone marrow transplant for standard-risk thalassemia in a limited-resource setting Stalin Ramprakash, Rajat Agarwal, Rakesh Dhanya, Priya Marwah, Rajpreet Soni, Naila Yaqub, Itrat Fatima, Tatheer Zhara, Lallindra Gooneratne, Senani Williams, Sadaf Khalid, Santanu Sen, Vikramjit Kanwar, Lawrence Faulkner S2468-1245(17)30077-3 PHOJ 65 DOI: 10.1016/j.phoj.2017.12.002
3.Multi-institutional, retrospective review of blood transfusion practices and outcomes in a large cohort of thalassemia patients in South India Rajat Kumar Agarwal, Amit Sedai, Kumari Ankita, Lalith Parmar, Rakesh Dhanya, Sunil Dhimal, Dr Reshma Shriniwas, Dr Sumithra P, Dr Hemanth V Iyer, Ashwini Gowda, Dr Pooja Gujjal, Dr Pradeep R, Pushpa H, Dr Suman Jain, Dr Saroja Kondaveeti, Dr J. Dasaratha Ramaiah, Dr Raviteja, Dr Hariharanatha Sharma, Dr Sujata Jali, Shrikant Viragi, Dr Shreedevi Bobati, Neelavva Rayappa Tallur, Dr Stalin Ramprakash, Dr Lawrence Faulkner S2468-1245(17)30093-1, PHOJ 64, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phoj.2017.12.001
4. Can inequity in healthcare be bridged in LMICs – Multicentre experience from thalassemia day care centres in India Lalith Parmar, Amit Sedai, Kumari Ankita, Rakesh Dhanya, Rajat Kumar Agarwal, Sunil Dhimal, Reshma Shriniwas, Hemanth V. Iyer, Ashwini Gowda, Pooja Gujjal, H. Pushpa, Suman Jain, Saroja Kondaveeti, J. Dasaratha Ramaiah, Raviteja, Sujata Jali, Neelavva Rayappa Tallur, Stalin Ramprakash, Lawrence Faulkner S2468-1245(17)30095-5, PHOJ 69, DOI: 10.1016/j.phoj.2017.12.006
5. Rejection of paternal vs maternal fully matched bone marrow grafts in children with thalassemia. Ramprakash S, Agarwal RK, Dhanya R, Sedai A, Kumari A, Parmar L, Srinivas R, Kakulamari VR, Marwah P, Soni R, Williams S, Rathnayake W, Sen S, Tulpule S, Faulkner L. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2017 Sep 18. doi: 10.1038/bmt.2017.199. PMID: 28920948
6. ATG vs thiotepa with busulfan and cyclophosphamide in matched-related bone marrow transplantation for thalassemia Lawrence Faulkner, Cornelio Uderzo, Sadaf Khalid, Priya Marwah, Rajpreet Soni, Naila Yaqub, Samina Amanat, Itrat Fatima, SarahKhan Gilani, Tatheer Zahra, Stalin Ramprakash, Lallindra Gooneratne, Ruwangi Dissanayake, Senani Williams, Wasantha Rathnayake, Reshma Srinivas, Amit Sedai, Ankita Kumari, Lailith Parmar, Rakesh Dhanya and Rajat Kumar Agarwal Blood Advances 2017 1:792-801; doi: https://doi.org/10.1182/bloodadvances.2016004119
7. Variation in Transfusion Requirements Among Children With Thalassemia on Regular Transfusion Programs: Which Formula Closely Predicts the Actual Requirements? Cornell N1, Eisenhut M, Ramprakash S. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2017 Jan 5. doi: 10.109
8. Juvenile fibromyalgia in an adolescent patient with sickle cell disease presenting with chronic pain. Ramprakash S, Fishman D. BMJ Case Rep 2015. doi:10.1136/bcr-2015-211850
Dr Stalin Consultant Paediatric Haematology Oncology & BMT Dr C P Raghuram Paediatric Haematology Oncology & BMT & Dr Sagar Consultant Paediatric Immunology & Rheumatology at Aster CMI Hospital is sharing insightful information related to Bone marrow transplant and its role in immunodeficiency.
Children's cancer is quite rare. Learn about common symptoms of cancer in children from the Best Paediatric Haematologist in Bangalore India - Dr Stalin Ramprakash.
Get to about Aplastic Anemia from Dr Stalin Ramprakash - Consultant Paediatric Haematology Oncology and BMT at Aster CMI Hospital. Our blood consists of 3 blood cells - Red blood cells white blood cells and platelets says Dr Stalin Ramprakash.