Dr. Mohammed Farooq Khateeb has over 12 years of experience and is currently Consultant, General, Laparoscopic and Anorectal surgery (Laser haemorrhoids/fistula/fissures/pilonidal sinus) at Aster CMI Hospital. He is trained in Minimal Access, Bariatric surgery and VATS from various national and internationally acclaimed authorities. His previous work experience includes being an Assistant Prof General surgery – PESIMSR (The P.E.S. Institute of Medical Sciences and Research) Kuppam, Specialist General Surgeon- Safa al Madina hospital (KSA), Consultant- General & Laparoscopic surgeon at a renowned private hospital in Bangalore.
His contribution in peer-reviewed scientific publications and journals has been promising. Dr. Khateeb has been actively involved in many national and international conferences held in renowned medical institutions in the field of laparoscopic and bariatric surgery. During his tenure, he has distinguished himself through expert high-quality patient care, clinical acumen and professional leadership.
Area of expertise
- General, Laparoscopic, Anorectal surgery
- Wound debridement and dressings; Abscess drainage; Lipoma, Sabaceous cyst, Dermoid cyst, corn, and Breast fibroadenoma excision, Hydrocele, Hemorrhoidectomy, Fistulectomy, Circumcision, Callosites excision; Ingrowing nail avulsion, Ulcer biopsies, Lymph node biopsies, Cryotherapy, Skin grafting, Digit disarticulation, Diabetic foot care.
- Hernia Repair, Hemi and Total thyroidectomy, Parotidectomy, Modified radical mastectomy, Axillary lymph node biopsy, Perforated peptic ulcer closure, Intestinal resection and anastomoses, Appendectomy, Adhesionolysis, Exploration of Penetrating Abdominal injury, Burst Abdomen repair, Truncal vagotomy and Gastrojejunostomy, cysto-gastrostomy, Open-Cholecystectomy, Splenectomy, Feeding Jejunostomy, Colostomy, Hemicolectomy, Radical Neck Dissections, Whipples Procedure, Total Gastrectomy, VATS – Pleural biopsy, pleurodesis,
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy, Laparoscopic appendicectomy, Laparoscopic hernia repair, Laparoscopic assisted Hemicolectomy, and Laparoscopic Bariatric surgeries
Awards and Recognitions
- Actively involved in many national and international conferences
- Trained in Minimal Access, Bariatric surgery and VATS from various national and internationally acclaimed authorities.
- ASI - Association of Surgeons of India
- Contributions in peer-reviewed scientific publications and journals has been promising
- Actively involved in national and international conferences held in renowned medical institutions in the field of laparoscopic and bariatric surgery