A Hepato Pancreato Biliary and Multi-organ Transplant Surgeon with almost two decades of experience to his credit, Dr. Sonal Asthana is an expert in liver, kidney and pancreas transplant, small bowel transplant, clinical islet cell transplant and surgical management of disorders/ diseases of the liver, gall bladder, biliary and pancreas, including cancers. Trained at some of the best institutes in the United Kingdom, Canada and India, his fields of special interest include management of Hepatitis C, Post-Transplant Immunosuppression, Transplant Epidemiology, Ischemia Reperfusion And Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
- Senior Consultants, Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery and Multi-organ Transplantation, Aster CMI Hospital, Bangalore.
- Postgraduate Research Degree from the University of Alberta.
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons (ASTS) accredited fellowship in Multi-organ transplantation in Edmonton, Canada Training in Hepatobiliary Surgery and Multi-organ transplantation Liver at the St James’s University Hospital in Leeds, UK.
- Selected for the European Health Leadership program at INSEAD, France Subspecialty training in Surgical Oncology - All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- British Transplant Society, The American Society of Transplantation, The Canadian Transplant Society, Alberta Heritage fellowship (AHFMR) & American Association of the Society of Liver disease (AASLD) HPB surgery and Liver Transplantation awards
- Has published more than 40 research articles in international journals
- Proficient in English, Hindi, Kannada & Tamil