He has completed his MBBS from J.S.S. Medical College, Mysore, India during 1990-96 He has completed his Diploma in Psychological medicine from NIMHANS, Bangalore, India during 1996-98.He has completed his Diplomate in Psychiatry, Examination in National Board of NIMHANS, Bangalore, India during 1998-99.
He had trained junior doctors in Psychiatry since 2000 when he was working as a Consultant Psychiatrist in Australia and the United Kingdom. He has trained many trainees in Psychiatry and General Practice. He has obtained certification in teaching from Kent, Surrey and Sussex Deanery.
Over the years he has held different management positions as a Consulting Psychiatrist. He was a Clinical lead from September 2008 till April 2014. His duties included are overseeing the medical staff, periodic appraisals, addressing concerns and problems, ensuring effective clinical care and overall clinical leadership. He was responsible for acute mental health services provided for more than 600,000 population during his last management position in the NHS.
He has served as a Consultant in Australia and also served as Director of Inpatient Services for a 1 year. After returning from the UK, he had been instrumental in setting up Navachethana Hospital, a small 50 beds, multispecialty Hospital at Yelahanka. With patient-centred care and quality, Navachethana Hospital has made a good name in Bangalore. His interest was mainly in Psychiatry.
1. "Phenomenology of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder", a thesis submitted to National Board of Examinations as part fulfilment of Diplomate in National Board.
2. “A Phase III Double-Blind, Multicentre, Parallel-Group Comparison of the Efficacy and Safety of Ziprasidone and Chlorpromazine in-patients with Schizophrenia who are Refractory to Standard Therapy" as Senior Research Fellow in Pfizer funded project at NIMHANS under Dr. Channabasavanna S.M. and Dr. Sumant Khanna.
3. A Phase III Randomised Placebo-controlled study evaluating the safety and outcome of the treatment with oral ziprasidone in subjects with mania who are receiving lithium" as Senior Research Fellow in Pfizer funded project at NIMHANS under Dr. Sumant Khanna.
4. A retrospective study analysing the “Phenomenology of psychotic depression" under the supervision of Dr. Sumant Khanna, during my tenure as a Junior Resident.
5. A prospective study looking at the “Socio-Demography, clinical profile and treatment responses in OCD” during the tenure of my Senior Research Fellow, under the guidance Dr. YCJ Reddy and Dr. Sumant Khanna.
6. "A phenomenological study of Sexual and Religious Obsessions in patients with OCD” during my tenure as Senior Resident, under the supervision of Dr. YCJ Reddy and Dr. Sumant Khanna.
He has received training to manage the different screening tools and rating scales (SCID III and SCID IV, PANSS, Young's Mania Rating Scale, Simpson Angus rating scale, Barnes akathisia rating scale CGI etc) as part of Phase III pharmaceutical Research study group.
BHAGWAT AWARD (2000) for the best paper presented at Annual Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society. This is a prestigious award instituted by the Indian Psychiatric Society for the Most Promising Young Psychiatrist (Age under 35 years).