Dr. Shailesh Shetty S is the senior specialist, emergency medicine at the Aster CMI Hospital. He has 17 years of experience in managing emergencies. Most of his experience is from a well-established Emergency Department in the Bahrain Defence Force Military Hospital. He also holds a Diploma in Medical law from the prestigious National Law School of India University. Dr. Shailesh has been certified with numerous workshops which include, BLS & ACLS Instructor, Advanced HAZMAT Life Support Instructor, BTLS Advanced Instructor, ATLS & CTLS provider, NALS provider, WINFOCUS Ultrasound in Emergency, Bronchoscopy, Ventilator Basics, Wound care & Suturing and many more.
He has given faculty talks and presentations at various conferences. He was the first in Air Evacuation and transport of patient on ventilator supported by Manipal & Deccan Air Ambulance in 2004. He was also part of Formula1 air Evacuation Team at Kingdom of Bahrain in the year 2009.
- In-charge of Emergency Department at Sagar Apollo Hospital from 2002-2004.
- Teaching co-ordinator & Deputy QMR for the ED at Bahrain Defence Force Hospital for more than 5 years.
- Experienced in teaching nursing students at Redfern Memorial Hospital, Hassan & Holdsworth Memorial Hospital, Mysore.
- Part of the PG teaching programme at M S Ramaiah Medical College & Hospitals and Faculty of the International Medical School for Emergency Medicine.
- Faculty of EMOCALS, a Kerala state & IMA sponsored programme on Emergency for Obstetricians & Gynecologists.
- Course co-ordinator of an indigenously designed Emergency course for the doctors, nurses, pharmacists & lab technicians, by M S Ramaiah Medical College for the Government of Karnataka under the KHSRDP.
- Clinical Supervisor, Training, Heart Rescue India, a project by M S Ramaiah Medical College & University of Chicago.
- Part of the Disaster mock drills by the home guards and fire services at the Kanteerva stadium, Bangalore.
- Member of the Organizing Committee of the Critical Conference in Bangalore in 2015.
- Faculty for the Simulation Workshop at the Criticare Conference in Bangalore and for the conference at Sathya Sai Institute of Health Sciences.
- Part of the annual Mock drills ‘Challenger 2015” conducted in three phases at the Bangalore International Airport limited [BIAL].
- Part of the mock drill on radiological disaster management conducted by the NDRF and BIAL with the State administration and Department of Health, Atomic Energy Department and Pollution control Board under the leadership of the District Collector.