Dr. Apurva Pande is an experienced hepatologist with 5 years of experience in treating liver diseases. He has completed his MBBS from Dr. B.R.Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore in 2007 and MD in General Medicine from Subharti Medical College, Swami Vivekanand Subharti University in 2013. Later, in 2019, he completed his DM in Hepatology from Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS),New Delhi.
Dr. Apurva started his career as a senior resident after completing his M.D. in the department of internal medicine at Subharti Medical College, Meerut in 2014. From there on he joined the department of hepatology and liver transplant at the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences,New Delhi where he worked as a senior resident and completed his DM in 2019. During this period, he gained experience in procedures such as upper and lower gastrointestinal diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures as well as advanced endoscopic procedures like ERCP and EUS.
He is also trained in performing hepatic hemodynamic studies: Hepatic venous pressure gradient (HVPG) measurement and percutaneous and trans jugular liver biopsies.
Areas of Expertise
- Portal Hypertension
- Alcoholic liver disease
- Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Liver transplantation
- Association for the study of liver diseases, Boston, USA-November 2019.
- European Association for Study of Liver ,Paris ,France-April 2018
- Symposium on Recent Nutritional Practices in Critically ill, 7th July 2011,Max Superspeciality Hospital,New Delhi, India.
- International Liver Symposium, August 26-28, 2011, Organized by Medanta Institute of Liver Transplantation and Regenerative Medicine, Gurgaon, India.
- EUS-Live 17-18th September 2011, Medanta Institute of Digestive and Hepatobiliary Sciences, Gurgaon, India.
- 67th Annual Conference of the Association of Physicians of India, January 2012, Kolkata, India.
- 68th Annual Conference of the Association of Physicians of India, 31st Jan-3rd Feb 2013, Coiambator, India.
- “Efficacy of Carvedilol, endoscopic variceal ligation or combination for prevention of first variceal bleed in Child’s B & C cirrhosis: A randomized controlled trial.”—AASLD 8th to 12th November 2019 , Boston, USA.- Awarded the early career young investigator award.
- Oral Presentation- Pande A, Nandwani S, Saluja M; “Study of clinical profile of patients with hepatitis B presenting to a tertiary care center with complaints of jaundice.” –IAPSMCON UP- UK 2011. 14th -15th October 2011.
- Pande A, Choudhury A, Sarin SK et al “Impact of organ failure in patients with acute on chronic liver failure (ACLF) and the newly defined AARC Liver failure score in predicting 90 days survival- results from APASAL-ACLF Research Consortium (AARC) “- European Association for Study of Liver-Paris, France, April 2018
- Pande A, Goel V.K., Rastogi A, Gupta A;“Thyroid Dysfunction in Cerebro Vascular Accidents” -APICON 2013.
- Jain A, Nandwani S, Pande A, Virmani S.K., Bharadwaj A “Skin Manifestations in Chronic Liver Disease Patients”-CUTICON-2013.
- Apurva Pande, Neha Gupta, Sanjiv Gupta, Dharmendra Jain; “Noncardiac Manifestations of Tetrology of Fallot: Review Article”; Asian Journal of Clinical Cardiology ;Vol. 12; No:9; January 2012.
- Shafali Nandwani, Apurva Pande, Mahip Saluja; “Clinical Profile of severe malaria: study from a tertiary care center in North India.”; Journal of Parasitic Diseases; 2012 DOI:10.1007/s12639-012-0208-y.
- Pande A, Guharoy D; “A case of pulmonary tuberculosis presenting as multiple nodular opacities on the chest x-ray.” Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care.; Vol.1 (2); July 2012. DOI: 10.4103/2249-4863.104996.
- Nandwani S, Pande A, Saluja M ; “A case of Staphylococcal Toxic Shock Syndrome presenting with multiple pneumatocoeles in the chest.” The Indian Journal of Chest Diseases & Allied Sciences;Vol 55;2013.
- Nandwani S, Pande A, Saluja M; “A case report of Influenza A infection unmasking an underlying mitral valve stenosis in a 19-year-old boy”; Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care. Volume 2 (2); April 2013; DOI: 10.4103/2249-4863.117427.
- Nandwani S, Pande A, Saluja M; “ A case report of toxic shock syndrome in a patient with underlying chronic liver disease associated with multiple satellite abscesses in the elbow, perinephric region, psoas and neck.” Annals of Tropical Medicine & Public Health. ;Vol 6 (3);May-June 2013; DOI: 10.4103/1755-6783.121009.
- Pande A; “Pulmonary Tuberculosis Presenting acutely as paraplegia: An unusual presentation.”; Journal of Family Medicine and Primary Care; July 2013 : Volume 2 : Issue 3; DOI: 10.4103/2249-4863.120771.
- Pande A, Guharoy D; “A case report of Plasmodium vivax, Plasmodium falciparum and dengue co-infection in a 6 months pregnancy.”Annals of Medical Health Sciences and Research; November 2013; Vol 3 ; Supplement 1: DOI: 10.4103/2141-9248.121211.
- Pande A,Goel VK,Rastogi A,Gupta A;"Thyroid dysfunction in patients of harmorrhagic stroke";Thyroid Res Pract 2016;13:19-24; DOI:10.4103/0973-0354.159531.
- Cyriac P,Pande A; "THE 10 FACTS IN CIRRHOSIS EVERY HEPATOLOGY FELLOW SHOULD KNOW" ; Scholars Journal of Applied Medical Sciences; Vol.-4, Issue-4 (April, 2016); ISSN 2320-6691(Online) & ISSN 2347-954X (Print).
- Cyriac P , Pande A; " Hepatic Artery Injury And Arterio-Portal Shunting During Transjugular Liver Biopsy: A Case Based Teaching" ; Scholars Academic Journal of Biosciences; Vol.-4: Issue-4 (April, 2016); ISSN 2321-6883 (Online) & ISSN 2347-9515 (Print).
- Pande A, Cyriac P ,Yashwant P; "Successful management of refractory hyperammonemia in metastatic neuroendocrine tumor" ; Int J Adv Med. 2016 May;3(2).
- Pande A,Goel VK,Rastogi A,Gupta A;Thyroid dysfunction in patients of ischemic stroke;Thyroid Res Practice.
- Sarin SK, Apurva Pande, Bernd Schnabl: Microbiome as a therapeutic target in alcohol related liver disease; Journal of Hepatology 2019; vol 70;260-272.
- Shasthry SM, Sharma MK, Shasthry V, Pande A, Sarin SK; Efficacy of Granulocyte Colony-stimulating Factor in the Management of Steroid-Nonresponsive Severe Alcoholic Hepatitis: A Double-Blind Randomized Controlled Trial. Hepatology; 2019 Sep;70(3):802-811.
- Apurva Pande;S.K.Sarin; Portal hypertension: New paradigms; Progress in gastroenterology and hepatology 2019; eds: Naresh Bhat, Anil C. Anand; Thime medical and scientific publishers pvt. Ltd.
Thesis work during DM
- EFFICACY OF CARVEDILOL, ENDOSCOPIC VARICEAL LIGATION OR COMBINATION FOR PREVENTION OF FIRST VARICEAL BLEED IN CHILD’S B & C CIRRHOSIS: A RANDOMIZED CONTROLLED TRIAL.
- A COMPARISON OF FECAL MICROBIOTA TRANSPLANTATION AND STEROID THERAPY IN PATIENTS WITH SEVERE ALCOHOLIC HEPATITIS: A RANDOMISED CONTROLLED TRIAL.
- Apurva Pande;“Thyroid Dysfunction in Patients of Cerebro Vascular Accident”;LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, Saarbrucken, Deutschland/Germany;2013; ISBN:978-3- 659-40816-8.
Reviewed for (Publons https://publons.com/a/586058/ 14 pre publication reviews)
- International Journal of Tropical Disease and Health
- Journal of Travel Medicine
- British journal of Medicine and Medical Research
- British Microbiology Research Journal