About the speciality
There is no health with out good mental health. Psychiatry department in Aster CMI provides mental health care to patients with functional illnesses and patients with comorbid mental health conditions. The team of qualified Psychiatrists provide evidence based practice by way of thorough assessment and efficient patient centred management plans.
The services provided are
- Detailed assessment and treatment plans in the outpatient clinics for psychiatric illnesses: This can be for the first presentation or as a Second Opinion for an ongoing treatment.
- Assessment of Inpatients for psychiatric symptoms like apathy, low mood, amotivation in treatment plan, aggression, unsettled behaviour, anxiety and other neuropsychiatric symptoms.
- Memory Clinic: Cognitive impairment is common in elderly. Memory Clinic offers comprehensive evaluation of cognitive functioning in elderly and helps identify individuals who are at risk of developing Dementia. The usefulness of identifying dementia is to take steps to delay the progression and thereby promote healthy ageing. We also have healthy brain ageing strategies for elderly who are interested.
- Electroconvulsive therapy; This treatment is helpful in functional illnesses which are not responsive to medication and psychological strategies.
- Sleep Clinic
- Substance misuse clinic for people with alcohol, tobacco, cannabis and other substance harmful use and dependency. We will be offering both inpatient and out patient based services
- Medico legal Service: Mental capacity assessment for
- Consent to treatment
- Refusal of treatment
- Testamentary Capacity assessment
- Psychological therapy services
At Aster we provide variety of Psychological therapies relevent to the patient condition and the psychological need at the time of presentation
- Counselling: Indicated in Bereavement, Cancer
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Cognitive analytical Therapy
- Family therapy
- Couple counselling - Brief
- Couple Therapy
- Psychodynamic therapy