Dr. Srinivas is currently working as consultant Interventional cardiologist at Aster RV, Bengaluru. Prior to joining Aster RV, he was practising at Chinmaya Narayana Hospital, a branch of Narayana Hrudayalaya. Dr. Srinivas has won many accolades during his residency and fellowship in SCTIMST. He is awarded for his innovation and research activities. Before joining SCTIMST, Dr. Srinivas obtained Internal Medicine specialist certification from PGIMER, Chandigarh.
Dr. Srinivasa, after completing his MBBS from KIMS , he completed his post-graduation (MD) in (Internal Medicine) from PGIMER, Chandigarh. Further he did his super-specialization (DM) in Cardiology from SCTIMST, Thiruvananthapuram. After his DM in Cardiology, he did his fellowship in Interventional and structural cardiology (Post doctoral Fellowship).
Dr. Srinivasa has obtained a certificate from Indian Society of Electrocardiology , memberships of American Society of Echocardiography, Indian Society of Electrocardiology, Society for Cardiovascular Angiopgraphy and Interventions (SCAI), Indian college of cardiology(ICC) and Cardiology Society of India(CSI). He holds a licence of Karnataka Medical Council.
Work Experience and Area of expertise
Dr. Srinivasa has good experience in interventional cardiology and he is skilled to perform invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures like Coronary angiogram, coronary angioplasty including bifurcation, ostial, CTO - with or without CrossBoss-stingray, FFR, OCT, IVUS, Cath study, IABP, Pacemaker – temporary/ permanent, ICD, CRT, ASD Device closure, PDA device closure, VSD device closure, RSOV device closure, Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), paravalvular leak device closure, left atrial appendage occlusion, alcohol septal ablation, PDA stenting, Balloon atrial septostomy, Balloon Mitral Valvotomy, Balloon Pulmonary Valvotomy, Balloon Aortic Valvotomy and so on
English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Punjabi
- Radha K. Dhiman, Srinivasa Prasad, Ajay Duseja, Yogesh K. Chawla, Arpita Sharma, and Ritesh Agarwal. Lactulose improves cognitive functions and health-related quality of life in patients with cirrhosis who have minimal hepatic encephalopathy. (Abstract), LIVER. Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. 2006; 21: A442–A472. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1746.2006.04805.
- Srinivasa Prasad, Radha K. Dhiman, Ajay Duseja, Yogesh K.Chawla, Arpita Sharma, and Ritesh Agarwal. Lactulose improves cognitive functions and health-related quality of life in patients with cirrhosis who have minimal hepatic encephalopathy. Hepatology. 2007 Mar;45(3):549-59.
- Srinivasa Prasad, Sheldon M. Singh, Jacob S. Koruth, Krishna Kumar Mohanan Nair. Nonpharmacological treatment of Atrial Fibrillation – Percutaneous Left atrial appendage closure: Practical guide to practising cardiologist. Kerala Heart Journal, 2015, Volume 5, No 1;19-24.
- Mukund A. Prabhu, Narayanan Namboodiri, Srinivas Prasad BV, Abhilash SP, Anees Thajudeen, Kumar V.K. Ajit. An acute outcome of treating patients admitted with an electrical storm in a tertiary care centre, Indian Pacing and Electrophysiology Journal, November–December 2015, Vol.15(6):286–290, doi:10.1016/j.ipej.2016.03.002
- Mukund A Prabhu, Srinivas Prasad BV, Anees Thajudeen and Narayanan Namboodiri. Persistent Atrial Standstill in Acute Myocarditis. Indian Pediatrics. Volume 53;Feb 2016;162-164
- Mukund A Prabhu, Srinivas Prasad BV, Anees Thajudeen and Narayanan Namboodiri. Bundle Branch VT in case of isolated left-sided endomyocardial fibrosis – a rare phenomenon. Indian Heart J. (2016), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ihj.2016.02.005
- Srinivasa Prasad, Harikrishnan S, Sanjay G, Bijulal S, Krishna Kumar M, Abhilash SP, Jaganmohan Tharakan, Ajit Kumar VK. Long-term Clinical Outcomes of patients with stable angina who underwent FFR evaluation in intermediate coronary lesion S–COFFRS Study. Indian Heart Journal Jan 2017
- Mukund A Prabhu. Srinivas Prasad B V, Abhilash S P, Anees Thajudeen, Balasubramoniam K R, Narayanan Namboodiri. Left sympathetic cardiac denervation in managing electrical storm: Acute outcome and long term follow up. Journal of Interventional Cardiac Electrophysiology 2016. DOI 10.1007/s10840-016-0153-2
- Srinivasa Prasad BV, Narayanan Namboodiri, Anees Thajudheen, Gurbhej Singh, Mukund A Prabhu, Abhilash SP, Krishnakumar Mohanan Nair, Aamir Rashid, Ajit Kumar VK, Jaganmohan Tharakan. Flecainide Challenge Test: Predictors of inducible Type 1 Brugada Pattern in patients without spontaneous Type 1 Brugada Pattern. Indian Pacing and Electrophysiology March–April 2016, Vol.16(2):53–58. DOI: 10.1016/j.ipej.2016.06.001
- Mukund A. Prabhu, Anees Thajudeen, Ajit Kumar VK, Jaganmohan Tharakan, Srinivas Prasad BV, Narayanan Namboodiri. Radiofrequency Ablation of Left Atrial Reentrant
- Tachycardias in Rheumatic Mitral Valve Disease: A Case Series.Pacing and Clinical Electrophysiology 2016. doi:10.1111/pace.12912
- Krishnakumar Mohanan Nair, Narayanan Namboodiri, Bharat Banavalikar, Arun Gopalakrishnan, Srinivasa Prasad, Anees Thajudheen, Ajit Kumar VK, Jaganmohan Tharakan. Iatrogenic pneumopericardium after pericardiocentesis. The Journal of invasive cardiology 12/2016; 28(12): E225-E226.
- Srinivasa Prasad, Gurbhej Singh, Deepa S Kumar, Sivasankaran S, Ajit Kumar VK. Ectopic left ventricular apical diverticulum. European Heart Journal 2016. DOI:10.1093/eurheartj/ehw519
- Srinivasa Prasad, Harikrishnan S, Sanjay G, Abhilash SP, Bijulal S, Jaganmohan Tharakan, Ajit Kumar VK. FFR-IVUS Correlation Study (FFRICS) in non-LMCA intermediate coronary lesions.ICC-CON 2016 supplement. Journal of Indian College of Cardiology 2016
- Srinivasa Prasad, Bijulal S, Sanjay G, Harikrishnan S, Ranjan Shetty, Sivasankaran S, Ajit Kumar VK. A case of a left atrial appendage – technical modification in a shallow appendage. ICC-CON 2016 supplement. Journal of Indian College of Cardiology 2016
- Srinivasa Prasad, Narayanan Namboodiri. Journal scan (Jan & Feb 2015) – a compilation of major electrophysiology articles from major Journals for IHRS. http://ihrs.in/journal-scan.aspx
Awards and Prizes
- Won First Prize in Quiz at Kerala Heart rhythm Society Annual Conference in April 2014
- Won Best Paper presentation award at Kerala Heart Rhythm Society Annual Conference in April 2015
- Won Best Abstract Award at Interventional Cardiology Council, Kerala Chapter in August 2015
- Won Best Abstract award at Indian Heart Rhythm Society 7th annual Conference in November 2015
- Won First prize at Torrent Young Scholar Award 2016 – Cardiology – Zonal level (south), conducted at Bangalore on 21 August 2016
- Won Best Paper Presentation Award at Indian College of Cardiology annual a conference, conducted at Goa, September 2016
- Won the 3rd prize at Torrent Young Scholar Award 2016 – Cardiology – National level, conducted at Ahmedabad on 25 September 2016.
- Won Cardiology Young Scholar Award by obtaining First prize in Quiz at CSI Kerala chapter annual conference in November 2016, conducted at Kochi.
- Won Best Abstract award at Cardiology Society of India annual national conference 2016, conducted at Kochi, in December 2016.
- Won Best paper award at Interventional Cardiology Council of Kerala annual conference held at Bekal on 6th August 2017
- Won Best case award at a 5th annual conference of Society for Heart Failure and Transplantation held at Calicut on 23rd and 24th September 2017