Dr. Manjunath M is a consultant neuro-anaesthetist in the Department of Anaesthesiology at Aster RV hospital, Bangalore. Prior to joining Aster RV, he was practising as associate consultant in the department of Anaesthesiology and Neurocritical care, Sakra World Hospital, Bangalore. He has an overall experience of 8 years in the field of Anaesthesiology and Critical care. He is a member of ISA and ISNACC.
Dr. Manjunath M has completed his MBBS from Sri Siddhartha Medical College, Tumkur in 2007 and Diploma in Anaesthesiology from St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore in 2011. He did his DNB in Anaesthesiology at Malabar Institute of Medical Sciences Ltd, Calicut in 2013. Later, he got trained in Neuroanaesthesia and Neurocritical care at National Institute of Mental Health And Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore.
Dr. Manjunath M has started his career as a senior resident in the Department of Anaesthesiology, Sakra World Hospital Bangalore in 2013. Later, he got promoted as attending and associate consultant in the Department of Anaesthesiology and Neuro Critical Care, where he worked till 2019.
Areas of interest
Dr. Manjunath M has good experience in neuro-anesthesia and neuro critical care, his areas of interest are in anaesthetising neurosurgical cases for supra tentorial surgeries, posterior fossa surgery, ventriculo peritoneal shunt, pediatric cranioplasty for congenital malformation, cerebral aneurysms for clipping and coiling, head injury management, awake craniotomy, complex spine surgeries with electrophysiological monitoring, epilepsy surgery, deep brain stimulation, and neuro endovascular interventions . Though his special interest and expertise is in Neuroanaesthesia, he has experience in various subspecialty like regional anaesthesia, pediatric anaesthesia, trauma and orthopedic anesthesia, obstetric anesthesia, and geriatric anesthesia .
He has been a part of the organizing committee and a presenter in Sakra Neuro Anaesthesia Program SNAP2017 and Difficult Airway workshop.
1. Deepti, B.S., Munireddy Manjunath ., Kamath, S. et al. Cervical spine tuberculosis and airway compromise.Can J Anesth/J Can Anesth (2016) 63: 768. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12630- 015-0575-9
2. Munireddy, Manjunath, Deepti Bs, Venkatapura J. Ramesh and Dhritiman Chakrabarti. “Can Intraoperative Neurological Preconditioning Occur After Intraoperative Hypotensive Episodes?” Journal of neurosurgical anesthesiology 29 2 (2017): 188-189.
3. Masapu D, Sunil Kumar HR, Manjunath M, Rudrappa S. Unanticipated Intraoperative Endotracheal Tube Switch during Skull Base Surgery. Journal of Neuroanaesthesiology and Critical Care [Internet]. Georg Thieme Verlag KG; 2018 Jan;05(01). Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1055/s-0037-1618324
4. Masapu D, Rudrappa S, Ramakrishna T V, Manjunath M, HR SK, Srinivas D. Intraoperative Spinal Cord Pulsations. Journal of Neurosurgical Anesthesiology [Internet]. Ovid Technologies (Wolters Kluwer Health); 2017 Oct;1. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/ana.0000000000000468
5. Manjunath Munireddy, Dheeraj Masapu, Sunil Kumar Hosahalli Rajanna ,Satish Rudrappa, Ramachandran Govindasamy. A Rare Instance of Temporomandibular Joint Dislocation Complicated by Motor-Evoked Potential Monitoring.Journal of Neuroanaesthesiology and Critical CareDOI https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0039-1685417